Friday, May 11, 2018

I do finish my projects




  There, the small organizational bin I made from an orange crate is complete, painted and filled with my wife's stuff.  A project like this is a great starter project for kids.  If you like folk art this would also be a good item to paint, more useful and cheaper than buying items from China at the craft store.  Actually I chose the light green paint just in case a grand daughter wanted to paint flowers for her Oma.

   I am a wood junkie, but I am also a bibliophile. ( an a bit over board as a collector of knives too).  Anyway I have shelves of history, art and wood working books.  


  This book fits into all three categories.  Tools - Rare and Ingenious, is a wonderful coffee table book.  Even people that are not interested in tools  will love to flip through the pages of this book.  Maybe you can give it as a Mother's Day gift? 

   There are hundreds of glossy photos showing the art of the tool making as well as their cleverness .




  What a great dual purpose saw.

  Finally spring has sprung here in the north.  We spent the morning working in the yard and now I am going to spend the afternoon letting my feeble old back recover. 

  Thanks to Clive for the loan of the wonderful book.  I will return it....soon...

  cheers, ianw












No comments:

Post a Comment