Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Leg Vise for Your Bench

  Traditionally a woodworking bench had a leg vise.  There are several companies that will provide kits for make a vise or you can do like Jay Bates  and make your own.

making a leg vise 

  If you don't want to make your own bench you can buy one from thetoolstore.ca , or order a General workbench, it comes with vises included.

  I am continueing work on the jewel box, to day I made the drawer pulls, they are contrasting colour wood like the trim on the top and the third drawer.  Making this project is taking forever because I am not working to a plan.  If I am in a hurry then I draw and plan and a cutting list.  With this project everything is a one off.  Each of the drawers is a different depth and so far all three have different types of reinforment in them, I can do this because there is no time dead line.  Once this is finished I have another project very similiar to make and it will be done more efficiently and quickly because it isn't good to keep a customer waiting.

cheers, ianw


No comments:

Post a Comment