Saturday, May 5, 2012

Spots before My Eyes

  There is a church yard sale coming up shortly and it will be invaded by dinosaurs!!!! Fortunately  for all of us they are only four or five inches tall, even the mighty Tyrannosaurus Rex.  I stand by the colouring as authentic, while many science types have other ideas about the colouring of dinosaurs, I am inclined to the fun and artistic point of view vs. the pretend science point of view.  After all.....we really don't know what colour they were.  


   The dinosaurs are painted with craft paint and the spots are put on with a stamp made from a wine bottle cork.  I like the cork 'cause it is cheap and easy to clean or replace.  Over the course of the last few years I have made dozens of these dinosaur puzzles, the basic shape is traced on 3/4 pine and then cut with a scroll saw.  All the puzzle cutting is done free style, making each puzzle one of a kind.


  The scroll saw as one of the first tools I bought when I decided to get back into playing with wood 10 years ago.  Little did I know at the time the depth of addiction to which I would descend, I still think it is more fun and more useful than spending every afternoon playing bingo.

No comments:

Post a Comment