Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Finished Projects from Blacksmith course

This was the last of my projects from my days at Forgedlink. It is a coffee spoon I made for my wife.  It started out as a piece of round stainless steel and after hours of hammering it turned into sort of a spoon.  It would not have turned into anything I Daniel hadn't of saved me from myself many times, as it was it took 5 times longer to make with I involved in the process.


This as the first project. It is a file that I turned into a marking knife, you can't see it but I also punched out a hole in the handle by heating the metal and driving a punch through.  It was pretty interesting and now that the scale is cleared off and it is sharpen, it is very very sharp.  And I am very pleased. The handle is oak, soaked with walnut aniline dye suspended in wood alcohol.  I find that the dry soaks in well and still dries fairly quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment