Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Practical Project

computer set up for blog work
 A while ago I blogged about woodworking projects that were not high art but were useful.  In this photo you see my lap top sitting on a raised shelf.  I just couldn't get comfortable with the lap top keyboard so I added a external keyboard to the set up.  The new keyboard takes up just that little bit more desk space which motivated me to make the little shelf.
 If you don't have a work shop you probably have to buy something like this and live with someone else's design.  I have a work shop, I went down stairs and cut out a piece of Baltic birch squared and sanded  it to suit my needs.  Next I cut out four little oak legs, I even shaped them a little bit, 'cause I can.  Once it was assembled I stained it with dark walnut water based stain and put it to work.
  Put of the design is to be able to slide the keyboard underneath the shelf so that I have room on my desk for old style writing with a pen. 
 It is a real boon to have a work shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment