Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Another cat

  I love wood, and I really love wood with striking grain patterns.  My love of interesting grains in wood dates back to learning how to dress myself.  I was the guy wearing stripes and checks and thinking it looked good.  ( I tried to match colours but liked contrasting texture)


  That cat, is not a cutting board, it is too nice.  I hope it will find a home as a serving tray or just a decor item.  I fussed a bit to get the grain in the three boards to compliment one another, and am pleased with the result, if I do have to say so myself.
       
   The elm boards that I have to work with have tonnes of personality but give the planer a hard time and so there is plenty of sanding involved in getting the finish smooth enough.    

  Lately I have switched from wax to Hemp Oil as a finish for my boards.  The Hemp Oil is food safe, easy to worth with, smells nice and is Made In Canada, Ontario in fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment