Friday, October 28, 2022

Small Lathe project

  I hate to throw good stuff away.  Recently we bought some creme fresh at the store and it came in lovely little bottles. So I decided to make an oak stopper/top to enable us to reuse the bottle.




  It was a pleasant little project. I began with a square of 3/4 oak, a piece left over from a church pew. The corners were knocked off before putting the piece on my mini lathe.  I have used my lathe to make an assortment of small things for our house over time.

  The finish is Hemp Oil. Oak is water resistant and hemp oil is neutral so the small jar can be used to store just about anything. 

  Making things like lid, and cutting boards, vases and bowls enables you to fill you space with 'your' work. I find it makes me happy to see things we've made and used in our space, try it, you may like it.

cheers, ianw


No comments:

Post a Comment