Saturday, September 8, 2018

Current Projects and Jobs

  Yesterday I spent some time in my shop cleaning floors and discarding bits of wood.  By the time I was done my back was done too.  I seem to be in a sore back cycle again.

  Today I spend time on several small things.

  One, I sharpened my adze


  I bought this adze a year ago and hadn't got around to sharpening it.  Once sharp, it is going to be very useful when making spoons etc.

  I did a pocket hole project, stretchers for Eva's cross stitch. Now I have to make the frame.


  I used the Kreg micro jig.  It is great for 5/8 and 1/2 inch wood.


The front side.

I spent some time sanding a walking stick.


  I picked up this stick while walking on a trail last summer and it has been sitting around awaiting attention. I am going to fit a rubber foot and use some leather string to decorate it, then...give it away I guess.

  I've glued up some scrap that I will round out, fit a bottom and top.  This will hold a cardboard tea container, wood has more style.


  I kept the cut outs and am using them to make a couple of pulleys to haul bicycles up to the ceiling in our garage.


  I been thinking of making some pulleys for a while.  I will refine my method and then I'll have wooden pulleys and tackle to give away.

  Also, remember the train I made for my Brother.



cheers ianw








No comments:

Post a Comment