Thursday, November 8, 2012

Security Penguin

   Famously people use dogs and farmers sometimes use geese to guard their hearth and home.  We have opted for a non-traditional security helper.

our penguin stands on guard for us
   

   Every house with sliding patio doors faces the same security issue, and probably solves it the same way, by putting a stick (in Canada a piece of hockey stick often) in the track to prevent the door from sliding open.  My issue with that method is that you have to get all the way down to lift the stick, up and down were easier in days gone by.  Our guard Penguin also lets us see if the stick is in place from across the room, penguin up-stick is in, penguin down-stick is out.

  The further benefit is finding a use for my wood carvings.  I enjoy the quiet and relaxation of wood carving and now have a use for the completed projects, as I have written before I like to make things that are useful, not just ornamental. 

  This particular fellow is carved from Basswood, and was painted by my Mom.
   thanx Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment