Monday, July 26, 2021

Finished Rocking Chair and New Plant Stand

 I got the little rocking chair repair complete, save painting.  I decided to leave the chair unfinished since I think it needs to be painted, and of course I have no idea what colour the next owner will want.  The replacement part is made from oak and cut with the band saw and shaped with rasps and files. I had to bore out and replace 8 or 9 dowels to put it all back together. Ya got to love Gorilla Glue.


Last Tuesday afternoon my friend came with another excellent plan.



  I have made a few things for D & E and always I am supplied with a very, very detailed plan. D and I worked away for about 90 minutes, including coffee drinking time. This planter used two 2x2x8 and two 1x2x8 and when we were done there was less than 12 inches of left over wood. A really good little project for a shop the size of mine and.....easier with a good plan to follow.

  I am  working on finishing up things that have hung around. Next some box tops.

cheers, ianw






No comments:

Post a Comment