Saturday, November 3, 2018

Into November


  Finally, after several months and gallons of coffee David's chair completed. David opted for clear varnish and the oak looks good.  Finally after the pieces where varnished we glued and screwed the chair together.  Now the chair goes into David's office and we'll see how it works out.  Needless to say I have kept the plans.  If the chair works out well maybe I'll make myself one. I have some oak left over.



  The current project is this burned wood box. I haven't figured out what I am going to do with the latch system, the hinges will be shown off.  All the wood for the project is made from the scavenged pallet. 



  A project like this uses clamps, bar clamps to edge glue the pieces together and now spring clamps adding the base plates for the hinges. It is impossible to work in a wood shop without sharp tools and bag loads of clamps.
  
  For the first time in a week the sun is shining and so I need to do some work in the yard before the weather turns rotten again.

  cheers, ianw

No comments:

Post a Comment