Monday, January 4, 2021

New Year 2021

 We are all looking forward to 2021 turning out much differently from 2020.  My year in the shop has begun in a small scramble.  I am just finishing a bowl on the lathe, waiting for the varnish to dry.  Part of the bottom of this bowl is not round, it has two flat planes. Since it wasn't round I couldn't really finish it on the lathe. 



I am fitting a scale to the handle of a tiny knife.  I found the knife on the road and replaced the scales previously but one seems to have abandoned the knife and now needs to be replaced.  Roasted maple looks great and is easy to shape with files and sand paper.


let the glue dry

My Grand son sent me a drawing with three cats a while ago.  I've created a "trio" drawing of my own for my Grand daughter that will be a pencil holder for her desk.  

let the glue dry

  Latest cutting board, walnut and maple.


   Once the glue is dry this board will sand down to a glowing finish. 

  Its a new year and a good time to get on to new things.

cheers ianw 



No comments:

Post a Comment