Monday, August 30, 2021

Found Wood Project

 The other day I picked up wood on the side of the road.  Usually the wood lays around until a project comes along.  This time I was inspired to use some of the wood right away.

  I decided to make a corner flower box to sit on our deck.    Preparing the the wood did require some edge trimming but not much else.  



Several of the boards had 45 degree ends and so I decided to use the already cut wood.  I used a combination of Kreg Pocket Holes and screws to put it together.  The were a few rotten spots  I had to work around but I like the result.


  I cut the mitre using my sliding mitre saw and measured the lengths I needed  once I fit the corners.  This found lumber is cedar and nice to work with.  In the fore front of the photo is my try square.  This try square is from my late Grandfather's wood shop. I'm not sentimental but....I could never replace Grampa's square.


   I think I will paint or stain the project, after it gets a little bit of sanding.  It will look nice on the corner of the deck with flowers next summer.
 cheers, ianw
    


summer flowers



No comments:

Post a Comment