Monday, June 15, 2020

The Current Little Things


  The last two weeks have been heavily absorbed by family responsibilities. Everyone with an aging parent can guess what is going on, if you can't, lucky you, your time is coming.


  

   Small project- when cleaning things up I found a cranked neck chisel blade that I made at a black smiting workshop I did a couple of years ago.  Everyone should spend a couple of days in a forge on a course, it was fun and educational. While my Grandson was carving a cat I roughed out a handle for my chisel.


  I have spend a few minutes sharpening the chisel and now it is a ready to use tool.


   Oma wanted a bird house.  My Grandson and I made one, he did 7/8 of the work and loved drilling the big hole with the drill press.  Next week our Granddaughter will finish the house, she is going to do the sanding and painting.


  While working away in the shop and helping Kieran with his wood carving, I found my half finished bow sander.  While K was sanding his project I took the time to finish mine.


   Another project to finish.  I found a box of half finished carvings while carving with last week.

cat back


 Cat front
Kieran  worked away for a couple of hours on his cat.  The cat will be on a dowel connected to a hockey stick used to brace a patio door.
  Yet another carving requiring finish.  I filled the owl, sanded it down

  

  Nice contrast , now...what to do with the owl.

  I have at least two more weeks away from my shop and home while I help out family.  

cheers, ianw


No comments:

Post a Comment