Monday, July 8, 2019

Steve's Knife

   I have been working away on this project for a while. Last week I took a bit of a holiday and so really didn't do much other than putter around in the shop and finish Steve's knife. It had  been sitting around awaiting a finger guard.  While the knife is  not meant as a working knife it is razor sharp and I didn't what someone to pick it up and slide their hand onto the blade accidentally.





  The blade is Swedish steel both rugged and very sharp, The handle,  deer antler from  off of Steve's  farm.  I made the finger guard from copper  plumbing pipe. The antler is finished with bee's wax after careful cleaning and smoothing.
  I hope he likes it.

  Next on the list of things to finish are several small boxes.  It is just a case of organizing my shop time.  

  cheers ianw



No comments:

Post a Comment