Thursday, June 27, 2019

Project wrap ups

  My six year old grand daughter and her four year old sister are visiting for a few days and this morning it was work shop time.  The six year old is mostly a painter and idea machine. She painted two fish and inspired a treasure box.





  The treasure box is clamped and drying while the kids are off for the day.

  I began a knife project some time ago but have moved closer to completion this morning.


  The blade is wrapped in tape to protect my clumsy fingers while I work.  The antler, finger guard and blade are glued together and will be ready for final polish and buffing tomorrow.

  



  I burned a flower pattern into each side of my previous box and painted the pattern.  Each side is similar but intentionally individual.  Once the sides are done I will attach the bottom and top.
  The rose trellis is done and set up too.
   It is time for a bit of a holiday to enjoy this warm weather that we've been waiting for for so long.

 cheers Ian W





No comments:

Post a Comment