Monday, July 15, 2019

What has been built lately.


  Last week my ten year old Grandson stayed with us while going to Science Camp during the day time.  He is an avid builder, with Lego.


  This is a kit for a heavy lift helicopter, various support vehicles and a mountain that contains lava bombs.  The kit included more that 1100 parts and he followed pages of instructions while working for several hours to make these things.  It isn't wood working, but...it is making.  Our Grandson was here for six days and didn't once play a video game and only checked out You tube videos relating to his Lego building.  

wood burned lid with slight acrylic ink tinting.

  We had a busy week, one that ended with my wife catering a wedding for her niece and us ending up with the whole family ( six adults and four children 10,8,6,4) here for over night and brunch.  All I had time for was finishing my pencil box.  I flocked the inside and cut a small finger slot to give access to the lid.  Flocking is an easy and inexpensive way to finish the inside of box projects. Here is a 2 1/2 minute video that basically tells you all you need to know about flocking.   After the flock dried, and it does need 24 hours I sprayed the box with a couple of coats of varnish and it is done.  What I will do with it I don't know.



  The other quick knock off was a bbq grill scraper from left over cedar.  My brother needed a new scraper.  


A picture from our front yard, that explains why 
the outside is popular in this season.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment