Friday, April 30, 2021

Go Anywhere Garden

 Recently KREG Tools sent a post with a plan.  We have had a wash tub sitting around in the yard for a couple of years. A contractor had used it to mix mortar for a small job and then left it when he packed up. The KREG plan was designed to make that old tub useful.  My wife plans to fill ours with salad greens.




 This is one of my favourite kind of project. There is a use/need for the project and it uses up stuff that is laying around.  I used 2 x 4 lumber to make my planter.  All of the wood was left overs and shorts from previous things.  The only cost was the pocket hole screws and the finish.


 
 The frame complete.  I made separate  feet so that when rot set in I could change the feet and save the frame for another season.



 A word about the finish.  It is from a $.99 can a picked up at The Re-Store.  With some vigorous stirring the stain/poly mix worked fine.  I am a big supporter of The Re-Store, it is a great place to get orphan cans of paint and varnish, also a good place for miscellaneous hardware.  Buying there supports a good cause and keeps usable  stuff out of  land fill sites.

  If you are looking for a quick  container garden project this is it.

cheers, ianw










No comments:

Post a Comment