Thursday, July 9, 2020

Fish Tank/ Terrarium Stand

  Just finishing in my shop is a custom fish tank/ terrarium stand for my Grandson.  I had a partial sheet of 3/4 inch sheet of reclaimed Baltic birch plywood and was able to make the stand with almost nothing left over. 
  

  You can see that this is a pocket hole project .  I used my circular saw cutting guide (Jan 23/2017) to cut the pieces to size and then used my finishing sander to sand the edges smooth.  It seems the only change to the basic design is the dust collection attachment, a good idea. 


stained, and shellacked and ready
to go to Toronto 

  When my grand son was here for a week he was put to work on various jobs by his Oma. 
One job was to weave willow branches into the wires on the pergola that hops and other vines climb


before weaving.

after weaving.
  When the vines grow in over the next few weeks there will be a solid wall keeping out the hot, hot afternoon sun.

  As I have worked on some of the these projects I have been making lots of small changes to the shop set up and the dust collection system.  Having gotten so well organised and clean, I want it to stay that way.

cheers, ianw

No comments:

Post a Comment