Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Slowly Returning to my Shop

   So a week ago I began feeling a bit off.  I thought I was having one of those spring time colds. Well, I got somewhat worse and we decided I better test for Covid-19. I tested positive, while continuing to feel worse, heavy chest, stuff sinuses, hot/cold etc.  Now a week later I am feeling  better.  I have a had a couple of decent night's sleep and am ambitious enough to spend some time in my shop, just small things, and sweeping.(there is always sweeping)

   This morning I tested again and am still positive. Since I have an aged Mother in a seniors home I won't be visiting her yet. I have a quiet social life so will stay out of circulation for a few more days.

  My Public Service Announcement:

  Get your shots, boosters and all.  

  I was rotten sick for a few days with this.  Had I not have had all the shots I don't want to imagine how sick I would have been. I don't imagine myself bullet proof any longer and am grateful that I was only totally rotten sick for a couple of days and was lucky enough to have Eva to encourage and look after me.  It would have been very grim had I been alone.

Get your shots, boosters and all.


 I have been mostly sidelined but have been able to add a couple more coats of varnish to the coffee table.

And repair a couple of cheap drawers from Eva's condo kitchen.


  The drawer is cheap particle board but together with staples.  Amazingly only half of them have fallen apart in ten years.


  I took the drawer apart, cleaned out the glue and staples on the end I re-enforced the corners and at the front I put angle brackets. It is an easy job when you have clamps of various sizes to hold it all together while the glue sets.
  A year ago March I had to bring a dresser home from the condo and repair it.  It is nice to save money and reduce waste by repairing house hold goods.

  I am slowly improving and expect to be up to speed by the end of the week.

cheers, ianw




No comments:

Post a Comment