Monday, June 2, 2014

Kreg Jig

pocket hole jig

  A bunch of years ago I demonstrated the Kreg Pocket Hole Jig at wood shows in Canada and had a sort of nastelgia moment when I saw this video on You Tube.  In fact there used to be a You Tube video of my demonstrating the jig at the Hamilton Wood Show.  I think I had a slicker presentation, but it was my job and I can't even guess how many times I used the jig and the face clamp to make butt joints. 

   I started down the pocket hole road making flower boxes and window boxes at our previous house.  Some of those boxes moved with us and our still out on the back deck filled with geraniums as I type this.

  Pocket Hole joints  are often treated as second class citizens, or dismissed at low grade wood working.  Just because as system works well and without over complication doesn't mean that it is second class.  If you are looking to build boxes, or cabinets or most sorts of sturdy carpentry a pocket hole joint is well worth your consideration.

  Kregtool.com  not only lists all the Kreg products but also has a section with plans and ideas that bear investigation by beginning wood workers.

cheers, ianw

No comments:

Post a Comment