Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fencing on the Mosel River

  As we cycled along the bike path from Koblenz going east beside the Mosel we saw lovely countryside, beautiful vineyards and in one of the small towns we saw this fence around their wee yard.

  I noticed that the properties were small by Canadian standards and usually sturdily fenced, no doubt for good reason.  This fence, while effective seems fun and friendly. Probably it takes tonnes of up keep to have it look this cheerful and bright all the time.

   When I am looking for fun colours I often turn to Milk paint because it lasts well, is easy to apply and I can mix up small amounts at a time rather than having a bunch of half full cans of used paint sitting around in the basement.

   I also suggest you look in on the Village Carpenter, her quick video about honing carving gouges may proof helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment