Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Plane Door Handle

screen shot

  The last day of the holiday, tomorrow, trains and planes and cars.  We travel by train to Frankfurt and then have a stop over in Paris and then home to Person International.  It will be a long time in a small chair.

   Getting home  will mean less wine, less beer, fewer wonderful pastries and....getting back to a real computer.  My suggestion to folks that are looking at netbooks, is to be very aware of their limitations.  The wee computer has kept me us up to  date on email and given good weather reports as well as helped us plan our days here. It has made me very crazy trying to write the blog and load photos.

   The photo above was taken in Winningen, a picture perfect wine village on the Mosel River.  We were riding our bikes through town when I saw this door handle on a garage.  I thought it was clever until I looked closely and saw that it was a complete plane, with blade, that someone had screwed to the door as a handle.  I  suspect that the blade was pretty whipped but the plane looked to be in good shape.

  Over the course of the 10 days here I have looked at a couple of hardware stores but nothing here competes with what we have in Canada and the United States.  I really don't know where one would go to get a good selection of tools, even Bauhaus left me pretty unimpressed in terms of tools.   The is a good German internet company whose store front I visited two years ago in Berlin, maybe that is it for German wood working?

    Remember to look in on my sponsor thetoolstore.ca and the places I visit at the bottom of the blog.

   Friday, back to the real world, and maybe some better photos.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment