Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Raised Panel Door Pt.2

first efforts
O.K. First take a deep breath, and talk about the things that went right.

1. both doors are dead square.
2. the router table was perfect to work on.
3. the power feeder is a very cool innovation.




Now the "troubles".

1. regularly I had the wrong side up.  For my next effort I will have to clearly mark the good and bad side, CLEARLY.
2. I hadn't made my rail/stile pieces exactly the same so that one one door all four sides fit well but on the second door one side was thicker.

In the final analysis the doors can be used and will be used some place in the shop.  The mistakes are ones that can be eliminated with a little more practise and the errors were mine, not the equipment's.

I plan to go back at it to day and do it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment